Fourth of July Sparklers Cause Injuries and Fires in Moorhead?
Do you know that sparklers account for roughly one-quarter of emergency room fireworks injuries? Sparklers reach 1200 degrees Fahrenheit – that’s 300 degrees hotter than it takes to melt glass! Our team in Moorhead wants everyone to have a safe and fire-damage-free 4th of July celebration. According to The National Fire Protection Association, more than 19,500 reported fires are started annually by fireworks.
If you plan to purchase and set off legal fireworks in Moorhead, here are some fireworks safety tips from the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission:
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or another mishap
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully
- Never use fireworks while impaired by alcohol or drugs
Fires can occur at any time for any number of reasons. If your Moorhead home or commercial business has a fire damage emergency, our local team in Moorhead can help. We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 218-236-7447.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.