Small Kitchen Fire Extinguished by a Homeowner in Moorhead?
Our team in Moorhead knows how effective portable fire extinguishers can be for putting out small, contained fires. Here is some information about fire extinguisher safety and use from the National Fire Protection Association:
- To operate a fire extinguisher, remember the word PASS:
- Pull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you, and release the locking mechanism
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side
- For the home, select a multi-purpose extinguisher (can be used on all types of home fires) that is large enough to put out a small fire, but not so heavy as to be difficult to handle
- Choose a fire extinguisher that carries the label of an independent testing laboratory
- Read the instructions that come with the fire extinguisher and become familiar with its parts and operation before a fire breaks out
Call Us Today!
You never know when a fire might break out in your Moorhead home or commercial business, but if one does, our local team in Moorhead will arrive to begin the cleanup and restoration process immediately. We typically arrive onsite within four hours of your call. Call us today at 218-236-7447.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.