Fireplace Fire in Sabin?
I remember coming across an old abandoned log cabin while backpacking in Wild River State Park. In front of the fireplace was an old bed frame, and I remember thinking that my bed would be in the same place if I lived in the Minnesota wilderness. I also remember thinking how dangerous it would be to have a bed in front of a roaring fire with no fire screen!
We’ve come a long way since the days of living in one-room log cabins, but SERVPRO® of Moorhead does respond to many fire damage emergencies during the winter season. Here are some tips for having a safe and fire-damage-free winter:
- Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room
- Ashes should be cool before putting them in a metal container. Keep the container a safe distance away from your home.
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month
- Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional
Moorhead residents and businesses can rely on SERVPRO® of Moorhead to restore fire damage no matter how big the job is. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 218-236-7447.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.