Fire-damage Safety Tips for Moorhead Residents?
Fire Damage Safety Tips – While Waiting for Help to Arrive
After any fire damage situation, your safety should be the primary focus.
- Stay in the house only if it safe
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform
- Wet materials can be veryheavy
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Moorhead has a team of highly trained and certified restoration technicians on-call to respond to residential and commercial fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day. Call us today at 218-236-7447. We’ll restore your fire damage in Moorhead, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.