Red River Flooding in Moorhead?
The City of Moorhead has a section on its website that monitors Red River levels that impact the Fargo-Moorhead area. SERVPRO® of Moorhead has been responding to storm damage emergencies in Morehead for years and offers these safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) on what to do before a flood:
- Check to see if you have flood insurance coverage
- Raise your furnace, water heater, or electrical panel if they are in areas of your home that may be flooded
- Install “check valves” in sewer traps
- Construct barriers, such as levees, berms, or floodwalls, to stop floodwater from entering the building
- Seal walls in basements with waterproofing compounds
- During a flood or flash flood watch, be prepared to evacuate, including fill your car’s gas tank; bring in outside furniture; move valuables to high points in your home; and unplug electrical appliances and move them to high points.
- During a flood warning, evacuate if you are so advised
- During a flash flood warning, immediately seek higher ground
- Keep your emergency supplies kit, including water, stored in an easily accessible, waterproof place
SERVPRO® of Moorhead has a team of highly trained and certified restoration technicians on-call 24-hours a day to respond to storm damage emergencies. Call us today at 218-236-7447. We’ll restore your storm damage in Moorhead, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Moorhead is Independently Owned and Operated.