Shower Pan Leaking in Moorhead?
If your home is more than twenty years old, the chance that you have a faulty shower pan. According to a study published by the Insurance Institute for Business Home and Safety (IBHS) homes more than twenty years old were thirty-seven percent more likely to have water damage involving a shower pan.
SERVPRO® of Moorhead has been responding to water damage emergencies in the Morehead area for years and in many instances, the water damage may have been prevented.
Here are some loss prevention and maintenance tips from the IBHS to help you identify a faulty shower pan:
- Inspect tile and grout every six months
- Replace cracked tiles and crumbling grout lines
Test the shower pan annually by:
- Block the floor drain
- Fill the shower stall with about one inch of water
- Use a pencil to mark the waterline
- Leave the water standing in the shower pan for eight hours
- If the water level decreases, contact a plumbing professional
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Moorhead has a team of highly trained and certified restoration technicians on-call 24-hours a day to respond to water damage emergencies. Call us today at 218-236-7447. We’ll restore your water damage in Moorhead, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Moorhead is Independently Owned and Operated.