Cooking Fire Safety Tips for Moorhead?
Keeping Moorhead Families Safe in the Kitchen
Did you know that cooking fires are the most common source of home fires in the United States? At SERVPRO® of Moorhead, we respond to kitchen fire damage emergencies often during the year in the Moorhead area. Because most of us are cooking and eating at home these days we thought it would be helpful to share some cooking safety information from the National Fire Protection Association to help keep your family safe in the kitchen:
If You Have a Cooking Fire
- Just get out! When you leave, close the door behind you to help contain the fire
- Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number after you leave
- If you try to fight the fire, be sure others are getting out and you have a clear way out
- Keep a lid nearby when you’re cooking to smother small grease fires. Smother the fire by sliding the lid over the pan and turn off the stovetop. Leave the pan covered until it is completely cooled
- For an oven fire, turn off the heat, and keep the door closed
Call Us Today!
When your Moorhead home or business has a fire damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Moorhead is ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us today at 218-236-7447. We’ll clean restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Moorhead is Independently Owned and Operated.