Blizzard in Barnesville?
Surviving a Winter Storm
The end of 2020 came with a major winter storm that caused blizzard conditions in parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota. According to an article in AP News, residents were told to stay home because a foot of heavy, wet snow fell on top of a sheet of ice, making travel dangerous and difficult. SERVPRO® of Moorhead has been helping the Barnesville community with storm damage cleanup and restoration for years, and we offer these tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to help you survive during a winter storm:
- Stay off roads if at all possible. If trapped in your car, stay inside.
- Limit your time outside. If you need to go outside, wear layers of warm clothing. Watch for signs of frostbite and hypothermia.
- Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Only use generators and grills outdoors and away from windows. Never heat your home with a gas stovetop or oven.
- Reduce the risk of a heart attack. Avoid overexertion when shoveling snow.
- Watch for signs of frostbite and hypothermia and begin treatment right away.
- Check on neighbors. Older adults and young children are more at risk in extreme cold.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Moorhead has a team of highly trained restoration technicians available to assist Barnesville residents 24 hours a day. Call us today at 218-236-7447. We’ll clean and restore your storm damage “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Moorhead is Independently Owned and Operated.