Gas Station Fire in Georgetown?
Refueling Flash Fire?
According to a report from Purdue University, static electricity can cause flash fires while refueling, causing personal injury and property damage. In cold winter environments, people exit and re-enter their vehicles during the refueling process, and this can cause enough static electricity to build up to create a spark and cause a flash fire. Yikes!
SERVPRO® of Moorhead has a team of highly trained commercial fire restoration technicians available to assist Georgetown businesses 24 hours a day. Here are some refueling safety guidelines from Purdue University:
- Always turn off your vehicle engine while refueling.
- Stay near the vehicle fueling point during the process.
- Never smoke, light matches, or use lighters while refueling.
- Do not get back into your vehicle during refueling. If you must re-enter your vehicle, discharge static electricity buildup when you get out by touching the outside metal portion of your vehicle, away from the filling point, before attempting to remove the nozzle.
- Use only the hold-open latch provided on the gasoline nozzle.
SERVPRO® of Moorhead has a team of highly trained fire restoration technicians on call and ready to respond to fire damage emergencies in the Georgetown area day and night, and we can typically arrive on-site within four hours of your call. Call us today at 218-236-7447. We’ll clean and restore your commercial fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Moorhead is Independently Owned and Operated.