Fried Turkey Fire in Hawley?
Turkey Fried Blues
This guy in the picture has the right idea. He has gloves on, and he has the turkey fryer set up outside of his home on nonflammable rocks. But the turkey is not completely thawed, he has way too much oil in the fryer, and he is way too close to that wooden fence behind him. Uh oh, I have a feeling this guy is going to be visited by emergency responders soon! SERVPRO® of Moorhead has seen firsthand the property damage that turkey fryers cause, and we have been restoring fire damage in the Hawley area for years. Our team of highly trained technicians is on call 24 hours a day, every day, and oftentimes we work alongside the first responders in fire damage situations.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), in 2017 there were 1600 reported home cooking fires on Thanksgiving. The NFPA strongly discourages the use of turkey fryers because they can cause severe burns, injuries, and property damage. They recommend forgoing the home turkey fryer and getting a fried turkey from a grocery store, restaurant, or other food retailer.
SERVPRO® of Moorhead has the training and experience to safely restore fire damage emergencies of all kinds. Call us today at 218-236-7447. We will clean and restore your property damage in Hawley, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Moorhead is Independently Owned and Operated.