Be prepared for power outages from storms in Moorhead
Managing Without Power in Moorhead
SERVPRO of Moorhead has seen storm damage lead to power outages.
A power outage can:
- Disrupt communication
- Make transportation difficult
- Shut down water pipes
- Close businesses, grocery stores, gas stations, banks, ATMS, other services
- Lead to food spoilage
- Lead to contaminated water
- Disable medical devices
During a power outage in Moorhead, be sure to:
- Keep freezer & refrigerator doors closed. It will reduce the chance of food spoilage
- User generators only outdoors and away from windows
- Disconnect appliances/electronics. Power surges can destroy equipment
- Have already set up plan to refrigerate medicines
- For people who use power wheelchairs, have a backup battery. You may also need a manual chair
- The local power company should already know that someone in your home relies on medical devices
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home or business
- If travel is safe, go to another location for proper heating or cooling
- Check on your neighbors.
SERVPRO of Moorhead is independently owned and operated.