Emergency Disaster Plan for Moorhead Pets?
Our Moorhead team has years of experience restoring storm damage. Our furry friends play important roles in our lives, so it is a good idea to have a disaster plan in place for them. Here are some tips from the American Red Cross for keeping your pets safe during a disaster:
Pet Disaster Plan
- Make an evacuation plan for you and your pets. Many hotels and shelters do not accept animal guests other than service animals.
- Include pets in your emergency kit, or assemble an emergency kit for your pet
- If it’s not safe to stay in your home during an emergency, it is not safe for your pets, either
Pet Emergency Kit
- Sturdy leashes, harnesses, and or carriers to transport pets safely and ensure they can’t escape
- Food, drinking water, bowls, cat litter/pan, and a manual can opener if your pets eat canned food
- Mediations and copies of medical records stored in a waterproof container
- A first aid kit
- Current photos of your pet in case they get lost
- Information on feeding schedules, medical conditions, behavior problems, and the name and number of your veterinarian in case you have to foster or board your pets
- Pet beds and toys if easily transportable
Call Us Today!
When your Moorhead home or commercial business gets hit by storm damage, our local team in Moorhead will arrive to begin the cleanup and restoration process immediately. Call us today at 218-236-7447.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.