Storm-Ready Tips for Moorhead Businesses?
Is your business ready for inclement weather? SERVPRO® of Moorhead responds to storm damage emergencies each winter, and preparedness makes a difference. Here are some tips for making your business storm-ready from The United States Small Business Administration:
- Check your insurance coverage for protection against winter hazards
- Develop a procedure for restoring electrical services
- Develop a system for relocating salvageable and undamaged stock and supplies
- Add the following supplies to your disaster supplies kit: rock salt, sand, and snow shovels
- Determine your greatest risk potential: loss of heat, frozen pipes, or loss of access due to snow and ice
- Identify who is responsible for keeping heating equipment in good working order: business owner or landlord
- Identify who is responsible for snow and ice removal: business owner or landlord
- Determine what equipment needs to be protected from freeze-up, i.e., computers, telecommunications, manufacturing equipment, etc.
- Make sure heating and heat-producing process equipment is in good condition and operating efficiently
- Drain all idle pumps and compressors, making sure jackets are vented. Provide proper lubrication on equipment for cold weather operation
- Test cold-weather equipment
- Clean and inspect boilers and firing mechanism/controls. Maintain automatic sprinkler protection in idle buildings; promptly handle sprinkler system impairments; notify the local fire department
- Monitor building temperature, especially in hard-to-heat areas containing vulnerable equipment
- Keep temperatures above 40°F
Call Us Today!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.