Arson Fires in Moorhead
SERVPRO of Moorhead wants you to be aware of the causes of fire damage and fire injuries so that you can help prevent them.
Top Causes of Fires in Moorhead:
- Arson & intentional fires. An “intentional fire” is one that is not set to cause harm, but it gets out of control. Arson is a fire that is set to cause harm. Most of the time, arson and intentional fires are set outside. Deaths, injuries, and fire damage usually happen indoors
- Candles. SERVPRO of Moorhead has more information here.
- Cooking. Kitchen fires are the leading cause of home fire injuries and home fire damage
- Electrical. Use all electrical equipment according to the directions
- Heating. Heating equipment is the second most common cause of death in home fires
- December, January, and February are the months that have the most home heating fires
- Smoking. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and other smoking materials are the biggest cause of fire deaths in the U.S. Think of preventing tragedy when explaining why to quit smoking
- Children. Children should never be left alone with matches, lighters, candles, or other dangerous materials. Children playing with fire cause hundreds of deaths and injuries every year
Please pay attention to fire safety. While we can help restore your City or County home or office, prevention and family safety should always come first. Share this blog with a friend who might want to learn more about fire prevention.
SERVPRO of Moorhead is independently owned and operated.