Electrical Fire in Moorhead?
Electrical Safety Tips
During December, the holiday ornaments come out of storage, and homes all across Moorhead become festooned with holiday decorations. Holiday lights adorn Christmas trees and the roofs of many homes, bringing holiday cheer. Electrical safety is especially important during the winter months as this is when most electrical fires occur.
SERVPRO® of Moorhead responds to fire damage emergencies often during the winter months, and we know the damage an electrical fire can do to a home. According to the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA), half of all home electrical fires involve equipment or home electrical wiring. Here are some electrical fire safety tips from the NFPA to keep you and your loved ones safe this winter:
- Plug only one heat-producing appliance (like a coffee maker, space heater, or microwave) directly into a wall outlet at a time.
- Never use an extension cord with a heat-producing appliance.
- Extension cords should only be used temporarily.
- Inspect electrical cords for fraying and replace damaged cords.
- Have an electrician install additional wall outlets where you need them.
Call Us Today!
When your home or business experiences fire damage, SERVPRO® of Moorhead is Here to Help.® Our fire restoration technicians are available to assist you 24 hours a day. Call us today at 218-236-7447. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage in Moorhead, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Moorhead is Independently Owned and Operated.