Control Moisture to Help Stop Mold Growth in Moorhead
Condensation and Mold in Moorhead.
There are many different kinds of mold. EVERY SINGLE ONE needs moisture to grow.
Mold doesn’t need a storm or flood. Even a tiny bit of dampness is enough for mold.
Have you seen condensed water on the inside of a window? Have you noticed water droplets near the shower? That water is more than enough for mold to start growing.
SERVPRO of Moorhead wants you to know: if you control moisture, you control mold.
- Clean spills or leaks quickly. Mold can start growing within 24 hours
- Make sure roof gutters are in good shape
- Don’t let water collect around the house foundation
- Don’t let water collect in the air-conditioner drip pans
- Keep drains clear
- Indoor humidity should be under 40%
- Wipe condensation from windows, pipes, or walls
SERVPRO of Moorhead offers these suggestions:
- Use exhaust fans
- Use air conditioners and/or dehumidifiers. Low humidity reduces condensation
- Use the bathroom fan when you shower
- Appliances should vent to the outside. Even stoves, washers and dryers produce water vapor
SERVPRO of Moorhead has ideas on reducing condensation:
- Increase air movement
- Open doors & windows
- Use fans
- Insulate cold surfaces like water pipes
- Keep the temperature comfortable
SERVPRO® of Moorhead is Independently Owned and Operated.